12.10.15

blogtober: day twelve

 
For this challenge I had the pleasure of interviewing the wonderful Jordan, from Fox in the Woodlands.
 

***
 
Fox in the Woodlands
Hello! My name is Jordan Sky- or Jordy - whichever works. I am a teenage aspiring author that enjoys photography, writing (obviously), green tea, and blogging.
 
 

 
When did you start your blog and what does it focuses on?

My blog started in May, I believe, of 2014 (though I’ve been blogging since 2012), and it focuses on showcasing a combination of my thoughts, photography, and poetry.
 

What are some things that make you really happy?  What are you passionate about?

Spending time with friends, good books, working on my novels, the sound of rain against the rooftop, spending time in God’s word, etcetera. I am most passionate about my Savior and words (spoken or typed or written).
 

What's your favorite way to spend your free time?

I feel like I keep saying this, but writing and photography are pretty much my favorites. I also enjoy spending time having adventures within nature.
 
 

What are some of your favorite books?

Some of the teen books in which I like I wouldn’t recommend for people under about 15- not that they are necessarily bad, but I would have preferred to have waited to have read them until I was older for content reasons. Anyway, my absolute favorite series is the “Wolves of Mercy Falls” series (by Maggie Stiefvater); the “Huger Games” series (by Suzanne Collins); “The Fault in Our Stars” and “Paper Towns” (by John Green); the “Maze Runner” series (by James Dashner); the “Twilight” saga (by Stephnie Meyer); and so on and so forth.
 
 

What kind of music are you into?

I’m quite picky when it comes to music. I’m not sure there is a specific genre I’m in to, or if there’s a name for exactly what I like, but I suppose mostly classical. I also like when it is just a voice and a piano or cello.
 
 

When do you feel most inspired?

Most everything gives me inspiration: a quote, a song, a dream.
 
 

If you met a Genie who offered you three wishes, what would you wish for?

I don’t think it is within the realm of possibility for their to be both God and such thing as a Genie, but I would wish for as many people as possible to come to know Christ, my books to make it to the New York Times: Best Seller List and be turned into movies, and to live a generally good life.
 
 

What are your favorite smell/scents?

Pine Trees. Apples. Green Tea. Pumpkin.
 
 

If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?

I don’t think there’s anyone famous I really have the desire to meet, or at least there isn’t one I can think of at the moment.
 
 

If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?

Germany. I am German, and am working on learning the language with my family.
 
 

What's your biggest blog related pet-peeve?

I don’t think I have one- nothing really bothers me about other people’s blogs because I recognize that everyone starts somewhere, and can only improve with time.
 
 

Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?

My life is terribly ordinary, or it has been thus far. I’m not sure there are any actresses that look remotely like me, so maybe someone yet undiscovered?
 
 

Name a couple blogs that  inspire you.

Beloved Bluebird, Self Known, Loving Our Creator, Eve of Womanhood, this beauty, and many others I can’t think of because I’m tired.
 
 
Best piece of advice you could give someone who is in need of inspiration?
Make the most of everything. Always look for the good. Read. And create memories.
 
 

3 comments:

your thoughts always make me smile.
have a wonderful day